Save time and apply through your LinkedIn account. Click the Apply with LinkedIn button and your LinkedIn profile will be imported into our site.
In order to move forward, you will need to create an account. Your password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter and a number.
We look forward to discovering your talents.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and collaborative individual to join Halozyme as a G&A Applications Management- Contract and will be responsible for the implementation and support of business applications for the G&A business functions (includes Finance, Legal, HR, Facilities, and IT). In addition, he/she will provide project management, implementation support and deliver enhancements. This individual will also be responsible for the execution of IT projects as well as provide support in the identification of business requirements, solution selection, and vendor management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide project management oversight to implement and update new functionality for all G&A systems as well as serve as the primary technical resource on G&A systems implementation
* Manage system integration related activities across applications
* Provide ongoing application support including responding to application support issues from customers and working with appropriate software vendors to resolve, as needed
* Implementation, administration and support of primarily 'SaaS/Cloud' based solutions as well as some 'On Premise' solutions within a heavily regulated industry
* Partner with the Finance and Compliance functions to ensure SOX compliance and participate in associated internal and external SOX related audits on an ongoing basis
* Ensure all SOX related systems are properly managed in compliance with Halozyme and regulatory requirements, inclusive of formal change control procedures, as well as security and access control procedures
* Mentor, coach, and manage team performance by establishing specific goals and objectives directly related to providing top-notch service and support to the G&A business functions
* Lead the effort to introduce technology solutions that allow for business process optimization and scaling
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Partner with vendor and internal Infrastructure department to ensure proper configuration, maintenance and ongoing support of the core infrastructure and associated services required for application operations
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or information systems or related field required or equivalent combination of education with at least 5-8 years' experience providing direct support of G&A based applications in a regulated environment, preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
* Proven experience providing application support in a fast paced, high growth business environment
* Working knowledge of business processes related to key G&A functions, such as Accounting, Finance, Contracting, Procure-to-Pay, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Recruiting, Talent Management, Compensation, Payroll, etc.
* Proven ability to successfully build and develop application interfaces and integration of data between various applications utilizing standard integration technologies
* Strong technical project management experience for large, complex applications
* Demonstrated experience working within a heavily regulated environment including a thorough understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
* Advanced knowledge of IT best practices and methodologies, such as Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management
* Strong knowledge of SDLC best practices & project management skills leading large scale computer system implementation projects
* Hands on experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and Analytics preferred
* Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally and influence key stakeholders to accomplish goals
* Demonstrated complex problem solving ability
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Knowledge of business application software required: Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains); Workday Recruiting, HCM & Payroll; Apttus Contract Management; Salesforce (SFDC); ReQlogic Procure to Pay; or experience with comparable enterprise technologies.
Standard Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), MS Project, MS Visio, and SharePoint.
Equipment: PC, scanners, facsimile machine, voice mail and e-mail systems, and common office machines, or ability to be trained. Knowledge of other equipment required:
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
* Partner closely with the Halozyme G&A business team leaders to understand process issues and help implement new solutions that improve process efficiency and allow Halozyme to scale effectively
* On a day to day basis work closely with members of Halozyme G&A functions and members of IT to provide world class support for applications and services
* Identify and establish close relationships with key solution vendors as well as technology services vendors in order to improve vendor service levels and responsiveness
EFFORT REQUIRED/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 30 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
Laboratory Activities, if applicable: Although no direct laboratory experience is required, this position may require observation or understanding of operations performed within laboratory environments as needed. Environmental health and safety requirements also apply.
* Travel may be required up to 10% of your time
About Halozyme Therapeutics
Halozyme Therapeutics develops extracellular matrix targeting products for the insulin, cancer, dermatology and drug delivery markets.