JP Morgan Chase
FX Algo Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190023457
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a member of the Fx AlgoX technology team, you will interact with traders and quants to design and develop new algorithmic solutions and work hand in hand with our operate teams to deploy, manage, monitor and maintain these solutions globally. For the motivated candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to work with industry leading technologies, low latency stacks, dedicated hardware and a veteran team of algorithmic traders in a challenging, result oriented environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Demonstrated experience with software design, data structures and algorithms.
* Demonstrated experience developing trading, order management, or market data systems.
* Demonstrated experience developing multithreaded, scalable, concurrent applications
* Proficiency in modern programming languages - Core Java, prefer to have Python/Scripting, KDB experience in Unix/Linux environment .
* Experience with FIX specification, workflows, and application development
* Experience with Unit testing frameworks
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Build tools
* Experience with SDLC/Agile teams tools eg Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket etc)
* Experience with Version Control tools (eg GIT)
* Experience operationally supporting trading applications
* Effective production support skills
* Experience in performance tuning, message integrity and security as it relates to real-time applications.
* Ability to gather requirements from technical, business and non-technical teams
* Ability to own multiple streams of work and to organize self and others to deliver in a timely fashion.
* Ability to effectively liaise with business and non-technical teams.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
The successful candidate will:
* Own the design, development, and testing of particular components within the Fx AlgoX execution platform.
* Work directly with front office trading and sales to analyze requirements and plan future enhancements and new development work.
* Be a voice of knowledge and experience in their areas of expertise.
* Be a productive, independent, self-motivated engineer
* Contribute to the overall architecture of the Fx AlgoX offering.
* Provide technical support to the production
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.