Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Functional and Technical Design Architecture
* Establish, develop and maintain good working relationships with business users. Prioritize face-to-face interactions. Gather requirements from business users and discuss how they fit within the functional architecture. Challenge the requirements when necessary. Work with the BA if one was assigned to the same project. * Translate business requirements into technology solutions. Present technical and functional design architecture changes to the relevant parties in MRT globally obtain their sign-off. * Document changes and update functional and technical design documents including Wiki. * Demo applications and changes to business users and technology colleagues. Gather, share and integrate their feedback.
Development and Release Management
* Provide estimates for prospective changes and advised on the planning of the development work. Provide regular progress updates and keep JIRA up to date. Raise and discuss issues and blockers. Contribute to the re-planning when the work is greater than expected, project work is delayed by support work or priorities are updated. * Become a subject-matter expect on the MRT applications as you contribute to their enhancements. * Implement the changes assigned to you and associated unit tests in a timely manner. Submit the code for review and obtain sign-offs. * Review the code of other developers. Share your knowledge and provide relevant technical training on your domains of expertise. * Hand over your changes and present your test results to Business Analysts and QA. * Comply and participate in the release management process. * Make and implement suggestions to enhance enterprise agility.
* Investigate production issues when instructed by APS. Provide regular updates to APS and the impacted business users directly if appropriate. * Deliver fixes and temporary workaround if necessary in a timely manner. * Integrate feedback from APS in technical and functional design architecture changes. * Contribute to the support handover prior to making a release. * Contribute to making applications more robust and resilient, and demonstrate the progress thru the reduction of production incidents.
* Experience of working effectively in a globally distributed team, matrix organization and group setting. * Analytical skills to analyze and draw actionable conclusions from large data sets. * Object-oriented programming in Python or Java or C++ within a professional setting. * Design, implementation and support of three-tier distributed applications. * Implementation of design patterns. * Experience in developing RESTer Services and coding multi-threaded programming with strong data structures knowledge * Practice of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Scaled Agile or the Scrum framework and waterfall. * Business requirements gathering. * Relevant academic or professional qualifications, or professional experience that demonstrates the acquisition of that knowledge.
* Understanding of capital markets and financial risk management. Market Risk experience is a plus. * Interactions with risk managers, product controllers and other technology professionals. * IBM Db2 Sailfish, IBM Netezza, Sybase, SQL Server.
Posting Date: 07/01/2019
Location: Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101), - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.