Develops and executes operational activities in database management and design that have a significant impact on the Campaign Management work function. Handles complex processes from start to finish. Consults with cross functional partners in IT and Analytics on data ingestion and database design, identifying areas for optimization. Communicates processes and changes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. May include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing & promotion and/or consumer research.
* Develops and executes operational activities that have moderate to significant impact on the specified functional area of the Customer Loyalty & Insights work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing and promotion and/or consumer research such as:
* Developing complex or industry- approaches to drive the development of broad reaching initiatives.
* Defining, deploying and institutionalizing functional area research approaches and related knowledge bases.
* Forecasting and assessing industry trends and their impact on key initiatives for the specified area.
* Establishing guidelines, best practices and standards.
* Analyzing, summarizing and presenting results to functional teams and decision makers.
* Leading cross-functional teams for tactically important initiatives.
* Developing programs that establish and enhance standards.
* Interpreting complex results and analyzing trends.
* Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
* Performs as the subject matter expert for the specified functional area May connect various data points to create the big picture. Becomes actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems that are complex in nature.
* Assists in the development of complex capabilities, May develop the specifications of complex projects and may perform as implementation lead for key initiatives. Stays abreast of new developments used to establish and enhance standards.
* Provides cross-functional challenges and recommendations for new ideas / solutions to gain acceptance from a wide range of audiences. Creates specifications for initiatives and may lead in implementation. Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of business solutions.
* Influences others and creates consensus within the business, building decisions by leading stakeholders to a conclusion. Identifies opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations to improve processes and/or operating efficiencies. Works cross functional to identify potential business risks and strategies to deliver business solutions. Makes actionable recommendations to appropriate stakeholders. May perform as customer advocate.
* Leads cross-functional project work streams and ensures key initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units' needs.
* Conducts assessments utilized to illustrate business impact.
* Makes actionable recommendations to increase operating efficiencies and communicates recommendations effectively, tailoring communications appropriately to different audiences.
* Builds understanding of the specified area and performs as a SME to key stakeholders. Utilizes knowledge to assist business leaders in leveraging ways to grow their business. Maintains involvement at tactical level throughout the year. Maintains knowledge of competitive / industry trends to stay abreast of best practices.
* Guides and mentors less experienced team members, as necessary. May provide subject matter expertise to the business. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
* Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 8 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
* Experience with MS Office Suite.
* Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
* Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
* Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
* Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
* At least 2 years of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
* Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
* Experience leading cross-functional teams.
* Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
* Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
* Master's Degree OR MBA
* At least 5 years experience with SQL and database management
* At least 5 years experience using business analytical skills to conduct analyses to evaluate business goals and facilitate recommendations; ability to analyze data to identify customer segments for direct marketing campaigns
* Experience collaborating with IT and technical partners to integrate external data into existing databases
Apply Save jobSaved
Walgreens operates as a pharmacy store chain.