Functional Area Analyst, Senior
Req #: 214177
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: NACI
Come join our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), enabling more efficient and effective support to our Nations veterans. VA's Enterprise Architecture (EA) is a critical component of on-going VA transformation efforts because it supplies the architectural support, resources, methodology, and strategic planning necessary to align VA initiatives into a cohesive roadmap to meet VA's short and long term strategic goals. CACI has actively supported VA mission objectives since 1999. If you have the required skills, and are passionate about improving systems and processes, then join CACI as a Senior Functional Area Analyst.
Specifically, provide agency-wide strategic, analytical, and technical support for enterprise architecture activities especially regarding the Enterprise Health Records Management (EHRM) functional area. The Senior Functional Area Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design.
* Assists with the development of Systems Interface Descriptions (SV-1s) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) in support of the Enterprise Health Records Management (EHRM) effort.
* Partners with stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements.
* Translates non-technical requirements into technical, business requirements.
* Partners with business departmental teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports.
* Teaches, tailors, and asserts control during interactions with business partners and favors challenging over relationship-building.
* Perform as team lead overseeing the activities of various business, systems, and data analysts as required ensuring high quality performance of assigned tasks.
* Able to elicit4 requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
* Designs, develops, and maintains reports and analytical tools
* Evaluates alternate solutions and design processes and systems which includes user impact considerations, cost and benefit analysis, and processing specifications.
* Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements.
* Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions.
* Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to develop analysis, metrics, visualizations, and work products that have long-term value.
* Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and works with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a NACI clearance.
* Proven experience in field of Enterprise Architecture and associated business and data analytics.
* Extensive ability to strategize and implement business process reengineering activities.
* Extensive experience providing market research on conditions that impact the overall operational efficiency of an organization.
* Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to form good partner relationships across functions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS SQL Server.
* Expertise in analytical skills and critical thinking.
* Extensive experience in preparing analytical products including written analysis coupled with visualizations
* Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
* Experience supporting Federal Government customers especially Veterans Affairs.
* Experience with Health Records Management (HRM) programs, systems, and applications or other health care related initiatives.
* Experience with Business Integration (BI) data analytics and visualization tools such as Visio, Tableaux, and MS Power BI.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.