This person will work with and when needed lead cross-functional development teams and vendors to deliver high quality products based on collaborative vision and values through a steady release plan using agile delivery methods. Along with performing system, application and data analysis. This person will develop, test and support user and data interfaces providing direction on technical designs and the configuration of the Point of Sale platforms. This person will also be responsible for collaborating with the business stakeholders, business analysts, IT infrastructure and development teams to capture, justify and prioritize technology needs and issues. Additional responsibilities will include performing the tasks necessary to develop and implement new solutions in Costco's Point of Sale environment.
* Installs, configures, tests and supports a variety of Point of Sale applications * Designs specific applications as assigned, including traceability back to requirements * Creates test scripts and executes adequate unit and system testing while providing necessary test documentation * Provides mentoring and support to both project and area team members * Creates strong relationships with vendor's product development groups * Partners with management to initiate projects and develop and manage solution scope * Develops technical specifications by collaborating with technical and non-technical teams, translating functional designs into technical designs, validating macro designs and reviewing micro designs * Designs, develops and executes testing protocols to include: unit testing, integration testing and system testing, as driven by the requirements * Performs systems and data analysis on applications to understand functional design requirements determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes * Manages, defines, drives and executes as needed, the implementation of configurations across applications and interfaces * Strong understanding and working knowledge of PCI, SOX and Data Governance * Must be a self starter, with the ability to work independently, with different groups and teams, utilizing solid communication skills * Assists teammates in growing and developing the skills necessary to grasp team application concepts and tool suite * Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions * Participates in the development of deployment and release work plan tasks within a phase * Coordinates, plans, designs and produces deliverables for the training phase * Develops and ensures adherence to establishment of standards, best practices, governances, and patterns
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 2+ years of experience with Toshiba ACE * 2+ years of experience with Toshiba 4690 OS and hardware solutions * Strong understanding of evolving industry standards and technologies in the Point of Sale environment * Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills * Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions * Must possess demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written * Must be responsible, conscientious and possess a passion for excellence * Must possess strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail and excellent time management skills * Must be available to support the business as needed including nights, weekends, after hours and on-call
* Deep understanding of evolving Point of Sale industry standards and technologies * Thorough understanding of Agile / Scrum product development frameworks, principles and values * Demonstrated knowledge of Costco business areas including - Buying, Membership & Warehouse Front End * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.