At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
People are Uber's most important asset. Our team uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with Uber's own world class platforms to create custom tools. Our internal products help recruit top talent, magnify our employees' work and help grow their careers at Uber. Join us in making a positive impact on the world by making our very own employee's lives better!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Work with your teammates in a disciplined agile development environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
* Build products and services that serve our internal employees and global business groups.
* Build modern web applications, integrate cloud services, design new and enhanced distributed systems, and help drive projects to successful completion.
What You'll Need
* 4+ years experience
* Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
* Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability. -
* Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
Bonus Points If
* Bonus - BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
* Experience with A/B testing, product analytics, UI testing frameworks
* Experience with building and maintaining large scale data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, and Hive
* Experience with machine learning, information retrieval, and data mining
About the Team
We are looking for exceptional engineers to build systems for our very own employees. Our mission is to enhance Uber's corporate speed, reliability and worker happiness by building tools, integrations and platforms for internal use. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers to ensure Uber's internal tools and platforms are a powerful and innovative business advantage.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.