Fullstack Java Software Engineer - DevOps
Req #: 190062466
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java J2EE technology stack , .NET and web technologies / PERL , UNIXUnderstanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, etc.
* Exposure to UI development using HTML5, Angular JS
* Experience developing enterprise solutions on SQL server and Oracle database platform
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations. Exposure to Geneos , App Dynamics, Splunk/ Kibana would be a plus.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills
* A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
* Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
* Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Business Analysts, Project Managers and Developers)
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.