Job Application for Fullstack Engineer at Panjiva
Apply Now Fullstack Engineer at Panjiva (View all jobs)
Work with a small elite team in a $15 trillion industry
At Panjiva we've built the premier platform for working with global trade data. Our clients include manufacturers, retailers, logistics, legal, and financial companies hailing from over 100 countries. They use Panjiva to gather insights into global trade trends, find new suppliers and customers, monitor supply chain relationships, optimize logistics networks, and much more. Panjiva's award-winning and patented technology leverages machine learning to provide powerful search, analysis and visualization tools over more than a billion shipping records and 100 million indexed web pages. The Panjiva platform handles millions of requests a day from users all over the world.
Join our engineering team as we revolutionize a key and fascinating part of the world economy!
Solve important and challenging problems
Panjiva is looking for a talented, creative, and ambitious full-stack engineer to join our growing engineering team. Successful Panjiva Engineers are self-driven and embrace all aspects of product development, from domain research and conversations with customers to brainstorming, discussions on architecture, and full-stack development. Working in collaboration with design and engineering colleagues as well as our sales and customer success teams, Panjiva Engineers strive to build the best product possible to solve challenging problems and provide users with unique insights into global trade. We strive to go above and beyond expectations and define the industry standard in international trade data and analytics. Whether crafting efficient server-side code, creating database schemas or constructing beautiful web applications, you'll build and maintain new features to help our users answer pivotal questions related to global trade.
At Panjiva, you'll work on:
* Developing flexible and robust data visualizations that are fast, beautiful, and actionable, even when applied to messy, sparse, and heterogeneous data sources
* Developing abstractions to represent and serve a diverse and growing set of data and user types
* Optimizing product performance from server-side logic to client-side browser code
* Working with our data scientists to integrate new large-scale data sources into our product
* Working closely with our product team to quickly fix user issues and build new features and products
* Contributing directly to new feature creation through close interaction with customers and ample opportunity for creative development, both in day-to-day work and in quarterly hackathons
* B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Solid engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals (common data structures, algorithms, performance profiling, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience working in a production environment
* Solid understanding of the web stack (HTTP, headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, asset loading, caching)
* Substantial experience building scalable database-backed web applications
* Ability to lead all aspects of product development, from brainstorming and design to execution and shipping.
* Advanced SQL knowledge
* Ability to isolate and solve performance bottlenecks
* Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Fast learner
* Startup experience
* Strong systems skills
* Good sense of design and product
Perks and Benefits
* Competitive salary
* Build or buy your dream computer
* Harvard Square office 1 minute walk from the Red Line T stop
* 4 weeks vacation (rising to 5 weeks with longer tenure), 2 floating holidays / personal days, and 10-12 paid holidays annually, with unlimited sick leave
* Weekly tech talks
* Catered lunches
* Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as many other benefits
* 401(k) plan, with company matching
* Regular company hackathons (3-to-4 times a year)
* Hacker Continuing Education Wednesdays i.e., craft beer tasting, ping pong lessons
* Work with a talented, focused, driven team in a growing company with opportunity for advancement and career development
Panjiva's technology creates insight from messy global trade data to provide powerful search, analysis, and visualizations of more than a billion shipping records from nearly every country in the world. More than 3,000 customers in over 100 countries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies and startups to government agencies and hedge funds, rely on our platform for supply chain intelligence. In global trade, better insight means better decision making and stronger connections between companies and governments across the globe.
Recognizing Panjiva's cutting-edge technology, S&P Global's Market Intelligence division acquired Panjiva in 2018. This acquisition has grown our resources, dramatically expanded our access to data, and accelerated our growth plans. Join our team as we revolutionize a key and fascinating part of the world economy!
NOTE: Panjiva is an EOAA. Panjiva takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical or mental disabilities.
Panjiva is an information platform for global trade professionals, providing a marketplace for international buyers and sellers to connect.