A new technology paradigm is emerging, one with an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. To foster Microsoft's leadership in this field, Microsoft has launched a ground-breaking program to develop the next generation of leaders in AI. Located at the Microsoft New England Research and Development Center (NERD), the Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program (MAIDAP) is hiring soon-to-be and recent graduates from BS, MS, and PhD programs in Machine Learning or Data Science related fields. Over the course of two years, participants will work in interdisciplinary project teams to provide AI as a service to engineering teams across Microsoft and solve some of our most exciting and challenging AI problems. In addition, you will have mentors, exposure to leaders, and access to numerous AI data scientists, researchers and engineers across the company. After the program is completed, each participant will have the opportunity to work with one of the sponsoring Microsoft teams in Cambridge, MA or other Microsoft locations.
* Currently has or is in the process of obtaining their PhD degree in Electrical Engineering,
* Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or other related fields.
* Strong publication record in any of the following modeling paradigms: probabilistic graphical models/Bayesian networks/deep learning/reinforcement learning/time series/active learning/fair and interpretable AI/optimization for machine learning.
* Experience in any of the deep learning frameworks.
* Experience in Python/R/Scala or similar.
* Application experience in language, speech, vision, graphics, gaming, recommendation systems, or other big-data applications a bonus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Energized by creating AI solutions that can positively impact the work and lives of millions of people.
* Strong passion for data-driven learning.
* Excited by the prospect of working on a wide variety of datasets and AI applications, across many products and engineering teams.
* Believe that data science is a team sport.
* Love being an active member of a diverse and inclusive cohort.
We are hiring a diverse cohort of graduates with degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or other relevant fields for the following profiles. We particularly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply.
Note: This is a program specifically for soon-to-be and recent graduates. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have graduated or will graduate from their degree program between August 2019 and August 2020 and are available for full-time employment starting July 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Research, develop, and lead the implementation of AI solutions in application projects for Microsoft's products and services.
* Select and apply appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques to large-scale, high-dimensional data.
* Stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the organization.
* Take responsibility for preparing data for analysis, review data preparation/ETL code and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity.
* Share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to customers, managers, and key decision makers.
* Patent and publish relevant IP and scientific research.
* Up to 10% travel may be required.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.