Microsoft Azure provides a comprehensive platform for developers to build, deploy, and scale applications in the cloud. Azure is now being used by over 90% of the Fortune 500 companies and we are adding thousands of new customers per week. New services and features for Azure are being released constantly. With Azure we are building the next major business at Microsoft and it is an exciting time to get involved.
To be successful you'll need the following skills:
* 3+ years of web development experience building and running large scale, production web sites
* Experience with ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, C#, and the .NET Framework or .NET Core
* Comprehensive experience using Git/GitHub
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Blend of passion, creativity, and attention to detail
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Azure web team is an agile team responsible designing, developing, and managing the Azure.com web site. Azure.com is the front door for new and existing Azure customers. From Azure.com visitors learn and sign-up for Azure, view documentation, calculate pricing, or monitor the status of their services. We operate like a startup with a relentless focus on agility, a great user experience, and impacting the Azure business with new customers and increased usage. We use the best tools available, release daily, and make data-driven improvements by leveraging A/B tests, user feedback, and analytics.
We are growing our team and looking for talented developers for Azure.com and some exciting new web properties. As a full stack web developer on the Azure web team you will be responsible for:
* Developing new customer facing experiences and features for Azure.com
* Utilizing several Azure cloud services including Azure App Service, Cognitive Services, Redis, Azure Search, Media Services, and more
* Defining the architecture for delivering improvements to Azure.com while planning for high availability, performance, and scalability
* Leading other developers on the team by providing technical guidance and code reviews
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.