Full Stack Software Engineer
Req #: 190033635
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development life-cycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Key responsibilities shall include, but no be limited to:
* Work closely with both other technology teams and business end users.
* Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
* Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures
* Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to ensure applications are suitably fit for use and admissible for maintenance/upgrades
* Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards
* Work with both onshore and offshore development teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Minimum 3+ years of programming / application development work.
* Knowledge of financial systems, processes and instruments. Specific knowledge in Asset management would be ideal.
* Working knowledge of relational database technology (Oracle and PLSQL preferred)
* Very good understanding of software testing techniques. Strong understanding of the software development methodologies, processes and principles.
* Experience with agile is a plus.
* College degree in related technical or business area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.