Full Stack Software Engineer - Native Team
Location: San Francisco or Austin
Seasoned is a recently launched, well funded startup that is focused on disrupting the high growth, high turnover food service industry. Our goal is to continually improve the lives and livelihoods of the service industry professionals we serve with unmatched access to careers, content and connections. The team is led by an experienced set of consumer technology veterans from LinkedIn, Lynda, Art.com, NoWait, and Home Away who have experience building rich, customer friendly experiences.
No other company seeks to create a place as diverse and dynamic as the industry we serve. With offices in Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA, we're looking for people excited about being at the heart of how 10% of the American Workforce thrives.
In this role, you will report to the VP of Engineering. Join the team as we design and build an exciting new mobile app serving a huge, and underserved population.
The Stack You'll Be Mostly Working On
* React Native, Node.js, GraphQL, Apollo Server, Redis, MongoDB, Java, and Objective C
The Whole Stack
* App: Nginx, Node JS, React JS, React Native, Objective C, GraphQL, Vue, Java, MongoDB, Neo4J, Postgres, Redis
* Data Infrastructure: Spark, Redshift, Airflow, Periscope, Python, Java
* Tools: Jira, Github, Jenkins, Ansible, SumoLogic, AWS (Lambda, S3, EC2, Route53, Cloudwatch, etc.)
* Style: Agile, Slack-communicating, Fast, Flexible, Fun
* Individual contributor to the Seasoned In The Weeds Native app: this includes client side React Native coding, and backend Node.js work.
* Contribute to the build and deploy processes for the iOS and Android apps.
* Architect: if we're building something, or rebuilding something, you will be a part of key design and architectural decisions and implementations.
* Set a high standard for Software Development Practices: quality code, test coverage, comments, collaboration, and avoiding shortcuts.
* Mentor and Learn: when you have the knowledge, teach and train your co-workers; when you're learning, be a good listener and do the work to apply what you learn.
* Expert level React skills (ideally React Native, but we can train you up if you're strong in React.js). You've built many applications or tools in React. You can discuss the current version and explain some of its key features.
* Proven experience working with Node.js: building applications, APIs, routing, ORM development.
* Some experience working with build and deploy processes for native apps.
* Demonstrable grasp of the fundamentals of Software Engineering: you can explain separation of concerns, design principles, data structures, optimization strategies, and more.
Nice to Haves
* Experience in Objective C. We can use that for the times we have customize a native module for iOS.
* Experience using build and deploy tools for iOS and Android: that means building and deploying mobile apps. Think App Center, Fastlane, that kind of thing.
Last Thing: bring a sense of humor and one or two passions outside of your professional interests. We are a team of diverse viewpoints and intellectual approaches, but we all agree humor and a breadth of interests make the team stronger (and more fun)!
One More Last Thing: we are a dog, bike, Friday cocktails, and snack friendly office.
Benefits: Seasoned takes care of its people, including competitive salaries, commuter benefits, flexible schedule options, 401K matching, excellent healthcare benefits, time off for nonprofit work, and more.
Come join us!
HotSchedules develops scheduling software solutions for multi-unit and independent restaurants.