It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna, a leading Health Services company, is looking for exceptional software engineers in our Data & Analytics organization to help deliver meaningful value back to the Healthcare space. This exciting Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the delivering business needs end-to-end, starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires being fluent in some technologies while being proficient in others while learning on the job to deliver value to both customers and to the business. Necessary attributes of being a Full Stack Engineer are Ownership, Accountability, and Resilience.
In addition to Delivery, the Full Stack Engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
This agile team partners with the Data & Analytics organization to help solve integration needs by supplying and consuming information needed for analytics and operations. Uses technology to integrate and present meaningful analytical insights into the data to both Healthcare Providers and Internal Cigna business groups to optimize affordability for all of Cigna's members. This team develops applications that provide Cigna with the analytics to optimize affordability for its members. Our tools analyze historical data to identify insights, forecast trends, and recommend actionable items to improve total medical costs. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, and deploy new applications and features that will directly impact Cigna's bottom line, to ultimately provide better and more affordable healthcare. Our team uses a variety of technologies, from big data to the latest web frameworks. You will get to build state-of-the-art technology that is scalable and robust, utilizing cloud infrastructure, and full automation.
Behaviors of a Full Stack Engineer:
Full Stack Engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern to deliver value. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge full stack engineers - not institutionalized developers.
* Enjoy interacting with Architects and business leadership
* Passionate about writing loosely coupled, readable, reusable and modular code
* Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before impacting the business
* Design and architect different alternate solutions independently
* Have a passion to innovate and learn
* Take ownership and accountability
* Understands when to automate and when not to
* Have a desire to simplify and reduce dependencies
* Be entrepreneurial / business minded
* Take risks and champion innovative ideas
* 5+ years developing in Web development frameworks such as JS, React/Redux, Meteor, Django, AngularJS, NodeJS, QT
* Experience using TDD and unit testing as part of normal software development is required using packages such as Postman, Jest, JUnit, PyUnit, AVA, etc.
* 1+ years of working in an Object-Oriented language: Java Script, Java, Kotlin, C, C++, etc.
* 2+ years of RDBMS SQL database experience. No-SQL variants (HQL, CQL, MongoDB) a plus
* Scripting experience nice to have such as Python, Bash, Pearl, Expect, etc.
* 1+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
* Experience with parsing and transmitting data in JSON, CSV, or XML formats in Java script
* Experience with Git version control tools, including automating CI pipelines upon commit
* Experience with defining RESTful web APIs along with supporting micro services
* Understand and used Object Orientated design techniques
* Experience with containerization platforms a plus, such as Docker
* Experience with cloud technologies a plus, such as AWS,
* Experience with configuring streaming data visualization tools a plus, such as Grafana, kibana, etc.
* Excellent communication skills and team collaboration skills
* Experience developing in an CI/CD environment (Jenkins/Ansible experience a plus)
* Experience with Pair Programming is a plus
* Knowledge and/or experience with Healthcare domains is a plus
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a health insurance and services company.