Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Software Engineer Sr Consultant I serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the agile methodology and a product mindset within each product team.
Software Engineer Lead Consultant implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. He/she owns the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
* About You: You are passionate about software engineering and you're willing to fail fast. ·
* You will measure success by working software and the happiness of the end users. ·
* You have well-developed communications skills. ·
* You have experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies. ·
* You are proficient in more than one programming language. ·
* You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems. ·
* You can easily pinpoint problem areas and quickly identify root cause for critical issues.
* You've worked on high-profile systems that scale with growth
* Experience with enterprise, high-availability software engineering required ·
* Strong experience with: HTML, Java, Spring Boot, Server Resources, & Oracle database development ·
* Experience developing & consuming web services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs, and APIs (service-oriented architectures) ·
* Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of operations, code reusability, security, and response time ·
* Continuous integration and deployment tool knowledge such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle ·
* Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Iris, or Vision is a plus ·
* Mobile App development with iOS or Android is a plus.
* The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.