Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Capital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, to revolutionize the future of retail for Americans. Together, we're teaming up to provide an outstanding customer experience by delivering best-in-class credit card and reward products to millions of Americans.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on software developer to design, develop and deliver the applications that drive one of the most critical systems in Capital One's Card Business.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who lives to master a domain and solve its complex engineering and data challenges? Are you empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you a disruptor who pushes the envelope through innovative new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications & microservices; participate in code reviews; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics and identify potential risks/issues
* Collaborate in agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver important business and technical priorities.
* Work to continuously improve, recommend software engineering & coding practices, availability, resilience
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, out-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, code quality, performance, CICD and automation.
* Have a demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and collaborate with disparate teams.
* Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud-based solutions with product development teams both internal and external to Capital One.
What would you expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages & Frameworks (Java, Spring boot and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps, and Serverless), Front End Framework, Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark), CICD tools and Machine learning models.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll use cutting-edge open-source frameworks and tools to deliver customer-facing web apps, back-end Java services, and highly-available RESTful APIs. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for Card Tech.
* Bachelor's degree or Military experience
* At least 1 year of experience in cloud technologies or AWS certification
* At least 3 years of software development experience
* At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
* Master's degree
* 3+ years of experience in Java hands-on development
* 2+ years of experience using CICD process
* 2+ years of Spring Boot experience
* 1+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies - ATDD, Cucumber, or JUnit
* 2+ years of Microservices experience
* 2+ years of SQL RDBMS experience with some exposure to MongoDB or NoSQL
* Experience in a tech lead role
* Experience designing and architecting distributed applications
* Experience in implementing a Dashboard, monitoring for real-time and batch processing systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.