It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna, a leading Health Services company, is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a Full Stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the Full Stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
We're looking for a Big Data / Full Stack software engineer to join our team. The focus of this individual will be to create, in a collaborative fashion, efficient and effective strategies and solution architectures related to solve problems in the real world. We are building Legal, Regulatory and Cyber solutions Worldwide using Big Data tools to improve on the Analytics while leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). Through a hands on engineering approach you will identify patterns across 8-10 scrum teams to tackle the big data and data science problems. You will understand business requirements and work with cross-org teams. You will influence all aspects of the system from data ingestion of rich data source utilizing big data methodologies to solving business problems of improving Cigna's cyber security position and Information Life cycle management.
Behaviors of a Full Stack engineer:
Full Stack engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers - not institutionalized developers.
* Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
* Write referenceable & modular code
* Design and architect the solution independently
* Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
* Have a passion to learn
* Take ownership and accountability
* Understands when to automate and when not to
* Have a desire to simplify
* Be entrepreneurial / business minded
* Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
* Take risks and champion new ideas
* 2+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
* 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
* 3+ years in Web development frameworks like React, Angular, other Node.js based systems, Django, React-native, etc.
* 3+ years of database - SQL
* Experience with Git/SVN
* Experience with big data technologies a plus, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Strong communication skills
* Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
* Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins experience a plus)
* Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a global health services organization.