Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Full Stack - Senior Java Developer
Req #: 190045527
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Liaising with business users and other technology teams to identify, assess and document business requirements/user stories.
* Contributing to the architectural direction of the program.
* Designing and executing clean and progressively enhanced code that reflects the architectural direction.
* Undertaking development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities.
* Documenting test strategies, ensuring that requirements documents/user stories can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensuring the testing plans are fully completed.
* Defining data quality plans to address data quality issues; working with business partners to build business understanding of data issues.
* Continuously improving the efficiency and productivity of the development team
* Liaising with business users and other technology teams to identify, assess and document business user stories and support issues.
* Problem solving production issues and implementing appropriate solutions, with a view to improving code quality.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Java, Spring Boot, SQL, and restful webservices
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Experience with Unix, Maven, Apache Tomcat, and Oracle or Sql-server
* Experience with Cloud technologies
* Experience with Continuous delivery
* Experience in the financial services industry or Document Management
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.