JP Morgan Chase
Full Stack Java Software Engineer - Digital Investment Bank
Req #: 180079187
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Digital Investment Bank ("DIB") was established to enhance the delivery of these key principles through the application of technology solutions. To achieve this, the DIB is organized around 3 key "products": Banker Intelligence, Digital Capital Markets and Client Experience. While the products have distinct work-stream, each will be developed and executed within a consistent environment to ensure a single digital presence to internal and external clients. Technologists on this team will work on all three verticals, to help with product development, strategy, and integration.
What you will be doing:
* Be part of a small core team of individual contributors who are responsible for accelerating the delivery of high impact projects to the business (you will be working directly with stakeholders to understand the problems, and then formulate, socialize and deliver solutions)
* Build a services/API architecture, leveraging private and/or public cloud
* Always be thinking about the user experience
* Build client facing as well as internal banker facing tools that transform the client and user experience, productivity and business impact
* Work closely with the global Banking technology team to drive tools and data management strategy
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Hands-on experience designing and building large scale web/desktop and mobile platforms which are systems of record or integrate multiple related systems of record. These applications & services should have been built leveraging some of the following technologies:
* Service Oriented Architecture - APIs, Microservices, Messaging, Caching
* Strong Web / Java experience (incl. Spring, Hibernate, Vaadin)
* Cloud - understanding of public and private cloud
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Mindset to work with highly sensitive data and appropriate controls framework
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.