BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
BlackRock's mission of creating a better financial future for our clients includes delivering to them a wide variety of financial information to provide complete visibility into their investments. As a member of Billing team within Business Operations and Enterprise Systems, you will be responsible for engineering Billing & Revenue management, created an automated event-based workflow for delivering invoices to clients, eliminating operating errors and reducing operational costs.
We are seeking a full-stack software engineer with significant experience in backend development using modern service technologies. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-region engineering team designing, building our next-generation platform that manages the invoicing workflow which includes onboarding, fee calculation, invoice production and distribution.
An ideal candidate should have a strong background in building highly scalable and distributed systems, have a good understanding of revenue calculation, have a passion for technology and continuous learning, be able to adapt to changing requirements, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the ability to produce production-quality code and be familiar with the latest testing methods.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Implement the next generation of Aladdin invoicing systems and tools
* Be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, including working with the production operations team to prepare and execute releases
* Contribute ideas to the architecture and design of new components and enhancements to existing components
* Work with the business teams to understand requirements, develop solutions, incorporate them into the designs of our components, and be able to defend decisions that were made
* Participate in standup meetings to share status updates and discuss blocking issues
* Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software, and handle queries from business teams
* Write technical documentation for planning and strategic reviews
* Foster quality, standards, and cross-training via code reviews
Desired Skills and Experience
* 3+ years of strong experience in core Java and related technologies in a Unix/Linux environment
* 6+ years of experience in Systems analysis, design, development, testing and support
* Strong Front End Development Skills in Angular preferably or REACT.
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
* Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
* Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Junit
* Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures
* Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies
* Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) and understanding of NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
* Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS)
* Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins
* Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests
* Passion for writing clean, tight code that performs well
* Track record of being a high performer in current or past roles
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
* Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products is a plus
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.