Our Senior Java Engineers design and develop high frequency/low latency applications for some of the largest financial institutions in the world. You may be required to play a team lead role for a small team and/or take on responsibility for the development for a specific component or track of the solution architecture. At all times you will actively support the development, and drive quality assurance during design and realization of the solution.
* Design, develop, build and maintain complete financial applications using Java and associated technologies.
* Lead or support design, estimation and planning tasks for the solution using technical and functional expertise.
* Manage projects, people, and scope and be responsible for quality for your development track/team distributed globally throughout the project life-cycle.
* Work with project leadership and clients to establish, enforce and monitor steps of done-ness for various types of activities that are done during Development and Maintenance phases of a project for quality of delivery.
* Work with leadership and/or architects and clients to establish and enforce technology standards, best practices and approaches to be leveraged by the team.
* Ensure different dependencies are tracked and resolved on time.
* Troubleshoot complex technical issues on projects.
* Drive setup of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc).
* May be required to support and enhance existing client applications.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
* Specialized knowledge in all stages of software development.
* Significant hands-on experience in solution design, architectural analysis and development of financial system leveraging advanced Java 7 or 8, python, and features like Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, Sockets, JDBC, NIO, Cloning, Annotations, OOPS, Kafka, SOAP
* RESTful web service architecture and API management
* Front End-UI Development using Angular JS 4/5
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, MarkLogic, or Neo4
* Know how to work around a Unix or Linux operating system.
* Experience with Microservices
* Deep understanding of the project lifecycle process, able to define a comprehensive solution leading towards a common vision.
* Hands on development experience with systems integration, package implementation, and/or interactive design
* Developing software with a test-driven approach (TDD, BDD)
* Prior experience working in an agile/Scrum delivery methodology preferred
* Preferred experience in the Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management industry.
* Openness to travel and work at client offices.
Career Level - Mid-Senior Level
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession - combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness - enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.