Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center hosting over four million daily users in search of clinical, genetic and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health - at NCBI you can literally help cure cancer faster!
NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency.
You will join NCBI's team of web developers and software engineers to build robust, flexible web applications, APIs, and services. This role calls for more than an expert coder and architect - someone fluent in modern UI design and usability principles, who can work equally effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security and DevOps engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in python/Django supporting millions of daily users
* Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data visualization, using modern APIs and frameworks (jQuery, jQuery UI, Node, Angular, React, et al.)
* Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
* Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
* Must be intelligent, self-motivated, a quick learner, technical, and have a curious mind
* BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
* Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
* Responsive design
* Experience in JS testing
* Basic knowledge of Python/Django (including testing), or another current language (Ruby, PHP, etc.)
* Front-end performance
* Adept at agile techniques and practices (DRY, Scrum, 12factor, TDD)
* Selenium testing
* Usability/User-centered design
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.