Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 27603
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Today our Investment Group includes 300 investment professionals-portfolio managers, analysts, economists, and private equity investors-capably supported by research associates and assistants spread across 14 offices. The Investment Group is a flat, non-hierarchical organization with a strong culture of collaboration and team-work, which values innovation and diversity of thought.
We are seeking a Full-Stack Engineer to be embedded within this unique organization, to work on critical projects which will directly impact our ability to fulfill our long-term mission. The Full-Stack Engineer will serve within a team of Analysts and Portfolio Managers that are highly collaborative and entrepreneurial.
The Full-Stack Engineer will partner with this group to drive the development of proprietary research processes. This role will collaborate directly with senior investment professionals and technology associates to create and implement detailed quality technical designs for moderately complex applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. The successful candidate will be embedded within our investor team and will require a balance of technical ability, business acumen, leadership ability, strong communication and collaboration skills.
Most importantly, the candidate will be passionate about using technology to transform a business and align to our mission of successful long-term investing.
* Design and build responsive and mobile friendly web applications
* Implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
* Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
* Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technical discussions
* Utilize proactive problem-solving to address challenges and functional concerns
* Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, creative problem-solving and effective interpersonal/communication skills that support the process of working within collaborative teams
* Institute superior technology capabilities with diligence, attention to detail and technical intuition-
* Balance competing priorities while adhering to deadlines and aligning resources with value demands
* Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
* UX / UI design Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
* Outstanding communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a close working relationship with distributed team members and business partners.
* Intellectual horsepower, critical thinking and learning agility with demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and utilize cutting edge technologies to solve business problemsIntellectual horsepower, critical thinking and learning agility
* Experience in Java Spring boot/Spring Integration/Spring Webservices/etc.
* Experience with performance optimization techniques
* Experience with object oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java or Node.js
* Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services
* Experience setting up, configuring and maintaining your own dev/build environment. Experience with AWS, Azure, etc.
* Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
* Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
* Conversant with current technologies applied in the fields of machine learning, data science, NLP and/or AI
* Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Virtualization, Java, Technology, Research
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.