Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the team:
Environments at Workday
Once a Workday application is built by our developers, it is handed over to the Environments team. This is the team that supports the global operations of Workday applications and services. We're also responsible for pushing new code to our existing customers, monitoring the health of customer environments, and in ensuring that the Workday cloud is "always up" with 24/7 coverage.
To support the phenomenal growth Workday is experiencing, we established a transformational team within Environments to focus on accelerating and scaling our global production operations. The goal of this team is to identify opportunities to scale Workday through automation, application development, and process improvement. We build our own creative solutions to operational problems with a mindset of intelligent production system management.
That is where you come in.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer that would like to be a part of this transformative team to help optimize and eliminate operational toil through automation and software development.
You will contribute to the development of a service used by Workday customers that provides real-time information on the health of the global Workday data center fleet. Here, you'll be immersed in a blend of disciplines such as full stack, site reliability, developer operations, and infrastructure engineering. This role will later progress into innovating, designing, developing, and deploying new microservices and tools that will scale across Workday's service stack, in addition to enhancing existing development efforts.
What you will do
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, to operations and further refinements.
* Establish a data-driven/monitoring and reporting approach to development efforts to help drive service availability and reliability.
* Scale systems to millions of customers and reduce operational toll on teams through automation, process improvement, and innovation.
What you need to be successful in this role
* BS degree in Computer Science with experience involving software design, architecture, development and production deployment.
* 5-7 years industry experience.
* Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or Wavefront is a big plus.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.