At AT&T, we push the boundaries of innovation, bringing the world together in unimaginable ways. As technology is further integrated into all aspects of our lives, protecting and securing our data is now more important than ever. Our Software Engineering teams are dedicated to building innovative and secure solutions to protect what's important to our customers and employees. From enabling better security to designing and implementing process automation, here's your chance to bring proactive solutions to our rapidly changing industry.
Our Technology Development Team is looking for strong Senior System Engineers with 7+ years of experience with education in Computer Science, or Information Technology.This is a Full Stack Developer/Engineer in Test (SDET) role and is responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, functional testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on test and process automation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:The candidate will work in a DevSecOps model collaborating with scrum team members and suppliers to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions. Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. The Engineer in this role will support applications across various environments and solves configuration and environment issues.
Team player, excellent communication skills:
* Experience working in advanced iterative methodologies such as Agile and SAFe
* Ability to see the big picture.
* Quick and independent learner; adopts a continuous improvement mindset.
* Comfortable working in complex and demanding environments with high degree of change.
* Strong software design capabilities, experience in OOP & OOD, design patterns.
* Experience in Agile and DevOps delivery models.
* Experience in microservice-based architecture.
* Experience (and passion) for best practices in coding such as Clean code, Test-driven design, Behavior-driven design, Unit testing, Feature Toggling.
* Automation testing (component, integration and end2end).
* Full accountability for code quality.
* Familiar with the most common Application Security Risks (OWSAP top 10 Vulnerabilities)
* Experience with security SCA tools (such as Fortify, Checkmarks, etc.,)
* Clean code which prevents security risks (injection, XSS, Sensitive data)
* Ability to view system perspective and to perform thorough investigations
* Experience in frequent delivery to production
Hands on experience with the following technical and functional stack components:
User Interface Technologies:
* Experience in UI Engineering frameworks and front-end technologies like REACT or Angular, CSS & React Native.
* Experience with Node.js and NPM.
Services Layer/Backend Technologies
* Strong programming experience in Java. Prior experience/background in J2EE technology stack is required.
* Knowledge in microServices (mS) Architecture and Design Patterns for Object Oriented Programming.
* Hands-on development experience using either Struts, Spring/Spring Boot frameworks.
* Experience creating and managing Webservices (RESTful and SOAP based).
* Experience in database technologies - Relational databases such as Oracle/MySQL or NoSQL databases like Cassandra/MongoDB.
* Experience with event-driven architectures (e.g. Kafka) or distributed architecture.
* Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
Deployment and support:
* Clear understanding of CI/CD pipeline (ex: BitBucket, Jenkins etc.,) and Experience contributing to one.
* Working knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments (familiarity with Dockers and K8S).
* Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in production environment (including defining relevant levels of monitoring and thresholds, issues root cause analysis and problem solving)
Job ID 1906676 Date posted 06/18/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.