About the team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious software engineering talent in San Francisco. As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code. You will design and develop well-tested software, build mission critical services, and APIs that scale with our increasingly elegant set of features.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
* Work on building the next generation of eCommerce platform
* Working up and down the stack
* Contribute to design decisions and code review
* Collaborative working with multiple teams of engineers
* Participate in the effort to move to a more service-oriented architecture
* Work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines (engineering, product management, marketing, design, finance, and sales)
What you'll need:
* Experience building and distributing large-scale client applications regardless of framework or platform from scratch
* Enjoys product development (vs. pure platform work)
* Enjoys refactoring and adding polish to existing code
* Knowledge of web service technologies and building REST APIs.
* Strength in SQL and familiarity with concepts like joins, keys, and optimizations.
* Experience in Spring framework and Hibernate.
* Experience in React in the context of a SPA (using technology such as Redux, Webpack, Babel, etc)
* Experience with automation testing frameworks (i.e. Jest, Mocha) and/or E2E testing
* A GitHub, Quora or StackOverflow account that demonstrates what you love to do
* Interest or experience in data collection and visualization
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure our culture continues to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
AppDirect is a cloud service marketplace and management company.