At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Full Stack Engineer - the role
The Full Stack Engineer will work as part of an Agile team and work from our global headquarters in Secaucus, NJ or from our West Norriton, PA location.
Quest plans to leverage our in-house identified patient data and combine this information with content from their partners to develop an innovative, data-driven clinical research platform. Quest is leveraging a third party to build the prototype, but plans to supplement the team with a Full Stack Engineer during the development phase who will support the application; in future phases this professional will be responsible for enhancing the platform to meet future business needs that will arise as the clinical trials business evolves.
As part of the position, the Full Stack Engineer will design and implement new features and technologies. This professional will deliver high-quality, high-performance code in an Agile environment, and will use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. In addition, the Azure Engineer will design, develop, and maintain complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
* Develop key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications & new strategic initiatives.
* Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
* Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
* Provide project estimations
* Support project manager during planning and development phases
* Ensure development compliance with established development methodologies, company policies and security standards
* Evaluate emerging technologies, application architecture, development trends / methods and industry best practices
* Develop code based on design specification
* Perform code reviews
* Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
* Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
* Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
* Implement and debug some of the more involved/complex functionality.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following:
* 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
* Microsoft Azure software engineer experience preferred, with strong application development background using Azure Infrastructure and platform services.
* Strong experience understanding Azure service capabilities and limitations
* Experience in implementation enterprise applications using Azure platform services,
like Azure app service, Azure SQL, Azure MySQL, Application Insights
* Expertise in building cloud native enterprise scale applications
* Experience with developing enterprise application in hybrid cloud a plus experience
in configuring and monitoring applications for scale up and scale down
* Have a good understanding in implementation of security, authentication, and
single sign-on across cloud
* Experience in performance tuning of cloud based applications
* Experienced in working in Agile/Dev Operations environment with continuous integration
and continuous deployment and application lifecycle management
* Familiar with Data encryption in transit and at rest with cloud based integrations
* Experience working with HIPAA compliant environment in Azure/AWS a strong plus
* Experience with designing data specifications, extraction and ingestion processes
with and without ETL tools
* Prior experience in healthcare domain preferred
* Prior experience with application development in Clinical Trial domain preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
* Proficiency in Enterprise Java programming plus one or more modern programming languages
* Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
* Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
* Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
* Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to systematically debug problems and
isolate root cause
* Ability to work in a matrixed environment - collaborating across different IT functions
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. *cb*
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.