As a full stack developer, you will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software in the Analytics and Insights squad as part of a growing organization aligned with IBM's Cognitive Applications business unit. You will work in a collaborative team environment to deliver on multiple projects to support IBM's Marketing business including Ruby and Pearl. The primary responsibilities will include translating systems requirements into solution specifications, developing unit test application modules (based on the specified design using Agile Methods), debug/performance tuning application code to support development. You will also be responsible for the following:
* documenting design and changes to application
* participating in daily scrums
* working closely with leads and project managers to provide status on a timely basis
* preparing install scripts and code promotion procedure as well as build automation.
We are looking for people who are passionate about learning new technologies, automation, data management & analytics. This role gives exposure to exciting technologies and the ability to work on an Agile team with a start-up mentality. This includes the use of the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software as part of a growing organization aligned with IBM's Digital Growth and Commerce group. You are focused on business outcomes, and as a hands-on technologist should be curious to learn about advanced technology for Big Data and Analytics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have strong communication, leadership and self-starting skills. You will also need to work well in a startup team environment and be excited about technology! Other required skills include the following:
* 3+ years of experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
* 3+ years of experience in setting up automated DevOps processes.
* 3+ years developing different kinds of tests - Unit tests, integration tests, etc.
* Exposure to Agile development methodology, well versed in using tools like JIRA, Github, etc.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* Automated testing using tools like Selenium.
* Use of cloud technologies such as Bluemix, AWS etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* State:NEW YORK
* City:NEW YORK
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Associate's Degree/College Diploma
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:228272BR
* Location:NEW YORK, NY US