What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a Senior Systems/Software Engineer with strong technical leadership to ensure delivery of highly available, scalable, and maintainable device performance application for the VZW network. In this role, the SMTS is expected to engineer and deliver end-to-end device performance application solutions including systems and software architecture; design and development of systems, software, and database applications; data and database modeling; business continuity, integration with third party tools and disaster recovery solutions; and technical analysis and recommendation on future directional solutions, such as data analytics.
This resource will represent Network Support Systems (NSS) in providing technical systems and software solutions for device performance, system performance, NOC, NRB and KPI reporting for HQ Network Performance and Results, National Network Operations, Regional and Area Systems Performance teams. The resource will also interface with NSS developers, QA/QC, Ops and Engineering resources to deliver robust, scalable, and manageable application solutions requiring data processing for device performance and per call measurement records in excess of several billion transactions per day across all VZW LTE/VoLTE and 1X/EVDO switches nationwide. The SMTS engineer will be critical to ensure device performance applications are able to meet projected capacity growth of the wireless network, especially in the area of 4G LTE/VoLTE. The SMTS engineer will also be responsible for disseminating the new knowledge to all levels of the organization including cross-functional stakeholders, senior management, and to peers and mid-level engineers.
Other key responsibilities include ensuring alignment with industry best practices, staying abreast of all pertinent technical standards in wireless RF, telecommunications, mobile tablets and smartphones, and advanced network technologies, and communicating articulately this direction to senior engineers and engineers in the organization so they can drive and support the efforts. In addition, the resource will provide technical consultation and guidance for solutions and infrastructure planning, NEC engineering, and NSS software development teams, and mentor junior developers to perform at a high technical level.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with system performance application engineering and development using Shell Scripts, Perl, JSON/XML, RESTful web services, Java EE, Hadoop, Map Reduce, MongoDB, Cloud technologies, and Oracle involving high-volume data processing and loading in a distributed environment.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Experience with system performance application engineering and development using Shell Scripts, Perl, JSON/XML, RESTful web services (Jersey framework preferred), Java EE, Hadoop, Map Reduce, MongoDB, Cloud technologies, and Oracle involving high-volume data processing and loading in a distributed environment.
* Experience with RF network & software engineering experience including systems architecture/design and software and database engineering and development, Big Data analytics, and experience working in the wireless industry interfacing.
* Experience with Linux scripting using Perl, Bash, Python.
* Experience in creating REST services.in Java, .NET.
* Knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL and cloud technology.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.