Position: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer) [JAVA]
Location: Can work remotely or at office in White Plains, MD; will require travel to Pentagon, as needed, so that must be within a commuting distance
Clearance: Top Secret (required), verifiable in JPAS
Period of Performance: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2022
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Seeking a Java programmer to develop and enhance a web based application.
Specific Task Overview:
The employee shall maintain and enhance Automated Global Force Management Tool (AGT) and Collaborative Issue Resolution Tool (CIRT) for the Joint Staff, J-8, Forces Division to support the automation and streamlining the production of the "Forces for" Assignment tables. The employee shall utilize Global Force Management Data Initiative (GFM DI) org server data and the Organization and Force Structure Construct (OFSC) to streamline and automate the current staffing process.
The employee shall utilize machine-to-machine transfer of authoritative force structure (org server data) for collaboration and utilize Organizational Unique Identifiers (OUID) (also known as an Enterprise Keys) to enable data integration with other systems. The goal is to improve the quality and timeliness of information available to perform Force Management (FM) throughout the Department. This functionality will be supported when the org servers provide the data to AGT to import, via a messaging network or other means, in a format consistent with the current published GFM DI XML standard format.
General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
The candidate formulates and defines system scope and objectives. The candidate drafts detailed recommended specifications for programs. The candidate designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs. The candidate works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications, system analysis and programming activities. The candidate manages or has significant involvement with complex or substantive information technology projects.
* Proficiency in Java
* Proficiency in object oriented programming methodologies,
* Experience configuring and working on JBoss/Wildfly, and Hibernate
* Relational database background (MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle),
* Demonstrated experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle including Agile
* Knowledge of common information assurance requirements for DOD under DoD 8570.1
* Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
* Must be highly self-directed and self-motivated and provide regular feedback and updates to the team
As a Team Member will:
* Adhere to all MYMIC Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures
* Adhere to all Government Security and Network Access Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures
* Maintain required CompTIA Security+ and DoD 8570 OS/CE Certification
* Maintain expertise in developing and testing Java solutions and implementing J2EE architecture, web services, MySQL, Google Web Tool Kit, and AngularJS
* Meet with customers and stakeholders to solicit requirements and demonstrate progress
* Attend Team Meetings
* Provide status of current tasks, planned tasks, deliverable status and issues/concerns
* Notify Task Lead of planned/unplanned absences and any impact to deliverables/service
* Identify risks and mitigation strategies
* Provide inputs to weekly status and Monthly Technical Reports
Candidate must have a current final Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), Single Scope Background Periodic Reinvestigation (SBPR), or Phased Periodic Reinvestigation (PPR) completed within the last 5 years (in-scope).
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study in computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline plus six (6) years of task related experience,
* Associate's degree from a college or university with a curriculum or major field of study in computer science, information system, plus eight (8) years of task related experience,
* Applicable training certificate issued in accordance with guidelines provided by the software vendor (i.e. Oracle 9i) from an accredited training institution plus twelve (12) years of task related experience.
8570.1 Requirements: Candidate must EITHER have at least a Security+ certification and a MCP (or equivalent) certification, OR be willing to achieve both certifications within 3 months of date of hire. MYMIC will reimburse for these contract-required expenses!
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.