We are actively looking for a Full Stack Developer to assist with the creation of tools and enhancements to internal systems for our group of companies. We focus on trade in the transportation and fruit/vegetable markets, and have three unique but integrated operations:
DeGroot Logistics: A logistics company that specializes in arranging transportation services for the full truckload and less than truckload refrigerated freight markets across North America.
4D Farm Product Sales: A produce brokerage company that specializes in supply chain solutions for sourcing of raw agricultural commodities, with a specific focus on processing markets in North America.
ProduceDesk: A web platform that aims to facilitate trade by eliminating inefficiencies between buyers and sellers of fruit/vegetable commodities.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in building and scaling web applications, and will be comfortable working with both front end and back end programming. You are not afraid to make recommendations and love learning about new technologies. You love the challenge of solving new problems, and take great pride in your work and exhibit strong attention to detail. You are a self starter and love working in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provide development support during the Build, Validate, and Deploy phases of the software development lifecycle for a variety of internal and customer-facing web application projects;
* Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software;
* Create and maintain both process and technical documentation for new and existing features, application configurations, and help related materials for users;
* Provide users with technical support and training on custom developed application features;
* Keep application users informed about system functionality and enhancements;
* Log and track identified application problems, and contribute to resolution as needed;
* Stay current with new IT-related features and functionality, and provide recommendations for process improvements;
* Interface with cross-functional team members to capture business requirements and translate them into appropriate technical solutions;
* Proficient in server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net;
* Knowledge of database architecture and query languages like SQL/SOQL;
* Functional knowledge of Amazon Web Services a plus;
* Functional knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus;
* Knowledge of SOAP/REST API web services;
* Knowledge of programming best practices, and experience with Github or other comparable version control systems;
* Knowledge of algorithm design and development;
* Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle process, including requirements analysis, design, quality assurance, user testing, implementation, issue tracking, version control, and deployment;
* Understanding of Agile and Waterfall principles;
* Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gather team consensus to solve problems;
* Excellent communication and analytical skills, with a close attention to detail;
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple simultaneous projects;
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field;
* Minimum of 2 years software development experience.