As part of the NYC Innovation Team located in vibrant startup community Galvanize located in West Soho in Manhattan, this mid to senior level Application Developer will be joining a multi-versed team that demonstrates code proficiency and product ownership.
The NYC Innovation Team consists of react developers, mobile and UX developers, and cloud engineers. The team spans multiple brands as part of 1-800-Flowers and aims to provide value and innovation to new and ongoing projects alike.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* As an individual contributor, responsible for participating in all aspects of software development life cycle including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation and post implementation application support.
* Mentoring junior members of the team, review their code, actively contribute to team standards and engage in collaborative professional culture.
* Collaborate closely with business leaders and engineering teams to enhance and extend our technology stack.
* Responsible for defining, enhancing and implementing internal and external APIs.
* Demonstrate contagious motivation to build best-of-breed software, and advocate for best practices in UI and RESTful API development.
* Frequently deliver high quality code into production using continuous delivery tools and strategies
* Embrace agile methodologies and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code.
* Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
* This role requires staying calm under pressure, and a willingness to work extra hours especially during holiday periods or project deadlines.
* *Experience working with deep learning, AI projects, or machine learning is a strong plus*
* Experience with HTML5, CSS, and Object Oriented Programming.
* Experience consuming RESTful (JSON) web services.
* Experience in Responsive Design.
* Experience designing / maintaining / tuning high-performance code to ensure optimal load time.
* Experience with user interface development for mobile sites and smart device applications.
* Strong knowledge of web security practice.
* Good understanding of Git, source control procedures, and feature branching.
* The right candidate will have an innate technical curiosity, and strong communication skills.
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field. Masters or more a plus.
* Please submit a code sample with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled