We are a full-service digital agency searching for an experienced individual to join our team as a contract full-stack developer. This role is key to our continued growth and our clients' success, and will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting new and existing websites. This position is responsible for maintaining positive client relationships, and working in a collaborative manner with other disciplines within the company.
Our ideal candidate is someone that has extensive experience building web applications using a variety of platforms and frameworks, a good understanding of what makes a project a pleasure to develop for, can troubleshoot issues effectively, and has the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
* Understanding of good software design practices for robust, maintainable code
* Understanding of object-oriented techniques and design methods
* Clear understanding of MVC fundamentals and experience with MVC frameworks
* Strong understanding of LESS or SASS, CSS, JS and PHP
* Experience using React and/or Vue JS libraries
* Strong understanding of at least one CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal); WordPress preferred
* Knowledge of and experience building on web application platforms (e.g. Phalcon, Laravel, Symphony) is a big plus
* Experience with bug tracking software; JIRA experience preferred
* Understanding of troubleshooting techniques and the workflow necessary to identify issues (e.g. logging, linting, code review, software testing techniques, etc.)
* Experience with utilizing web services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
* Experience using templating systems, such as Twig or Mustache
* Be able to proficiently use Git and understand various Git workflows
* Be able to navigate and operate within a Linux environment
Communication & Analysis Skills
Depending on the needs of a project, we may work in a waterfall or agile style, or somewhere in between. Clean and concise coding, proper commenting, and maintaining external documentation is important, as is keeping project architecture in good order for each project.
Projects occasionally may need you to fly solo, but more often than not, you'll need to collaborate with other team members for work assigned. You'll be working with project managers, web developers, UX designers, visual designers, QA analysts, and sysadmins, which means you'll need to tailor your message to fit the audience. We routinely bounce between text chat, video chat, screen sharing, and phone calls, so being reliably available for a quick chat or a sprint planning meeting is necessary.
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Tacoma, WA - Remote or Onsite options available
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.