Matrix Group is looking for experienced .NET or PHP developers who can perform full-stack development in a CMS environment. We do a lot of work in many CMS platforms and we're looking for people who have experience with .NET or open source CMS systems as a back-end developer, front-end developer or both. We tend to work with Sitefinity and WordPress, but if you've got experience in something similar, come on down!
A typical project looks like this:
* A client comes to us, needing a redesign, a move to a new CMS, enhancements to their existing website, or integration with third party systems.
* We develop requirements, then get to work.
* Nearly every project we work on has these project elements that you'll need to think about:
* how to configure the CMS so it can survive upgrades
* creating mobile-optimized web experiences
* creating feeds and APIs so that data from the CMS can be consumed on other sites, mobile apps, widgets and email
* implementing SSO (single sign-on) with some type of CRM (customer relationship management system), LMS (learning management system), etc.
* creating a structure and individual pages that are search-engine friendly and optimized for internal search
Developers at Matrix Group:
* Do the heavy lifting on the CMS side, including writing custom code, implementing SSO, extending baseline functionality in the CMS, etc.
* Often use database scripts to bulk-migrate data into the CMS from other systems
* Work with the front-end team to add styling to CMS pages or do it themselves
* Work closely with the project managers to develop requirements, use cases, and unit tests
* Work closely with the IT team to ensure the new site is integrated properly into our hosting environment
As a developer at Matrix Group, you will:
* Be part of a team that includes project managers, full-stack developers, front-end developers, dev ops engineers, a designer, and QA staff.
* Participate in a daily standup to hear about the priorities for the day and discuss big launches and new projects
* Participate in dev meetings every other week; at these meetings, the VP of Engineering and Director of Software Engineering provide training, conduct code reviews, and conduct project reviews
* Participate in FED meetings every other week; at these meetings, the Senior Front-End Developer will provide training, showcase new tools, and facilitate a discussion about recent design projects
You will be successful in this position if:
* You have previously worked at an interactive agency and think it's the best because of the pace and the diversity of projects and technologies.
* You have implemented websites using a CMS platform - any will do, because the concepts are largely the same.
* You are proficient with C#, MVC, and Visual Studio or with PHP.
* You are proficient at designing and creating databases in MS SQL or MySQL
for the custom applications you build.
* You have some CSS and jQuery sauce.
* You are proficient at consuming and writing web service calls.
* You don't mind taking an occasional Nerf dart to the skull.
* You go beyond the specifications by making suggestions for making applications better and flagging sections that don't make sense.
* You know how to do basic testing of your own code before handing it over to QA for testing.
* Have worked for or with an association and understand at least some of the quirks of associations and non-profits.
You must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Come join an amazing, collaborative, drama-free environment! Matrix Group is a leading digital marketing strategy firm in the DC area. We help our clients increase membership, retain members through compelling web and mobile offerings, reach new customers, and streamline their back office operations.
Learn more about Matrix Group: