FI Consulting is seeking a full-time Full Stack Developer (Angular and Java) based out of our Arlington, VA Headquarters. FI develops, deploys and maintains a wide variety of applications for its commercial and government clients. This position supports the full lifecycle of development and requires a client-facing, consultative approach to solutions delivery.
* Develop applications from high-fidelity comps and/or functional prototypes/proof of concepts, converting them into well-functioning, responsive UIs for multiple viewing platforms
* Identify and communicate best practices for application architecture
* Research and learn new development tools and techniques
* Implement test-driven development methods, supporting end to end testing
* Implement security and data protection features
* Expert level experience in Java development with a minimum of 3 years.
* Experience in front-end development technologies in Angular 2+
* Experience with Spring framework.
* Experience leveraging libraries and tools such as: AJAX, jQuery, Angular, and Underscore.
* Develop and support the RESTful APIs used by client's web applications.
* User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
* Experience working with data visualization libraries such as: d3JS, Plotly.JS or similar APIs.
* Experience using Bit bucket/Git / GitHub
* Previous experience working within a product team
* Experience working with MySQL, ORACLE or similar
* Hands-on experience building API services
* Experience with web application architecture using Java related technologies
* Hands-on experience with AWS services including EC2, RDS, S3
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and a minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
* Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
Who We Are: FI Consulting is a 65-person professional services firm that helps government and commercial financial institutions solve hard problems in data, analytics, modeling, and technology. Our professionals are specialists with expertise across a range of fields, for example:
* Financial and economic modeling
* Data analytics & visualization
* Financial products and markets
* Economics and statistics
* Business process management and re-engineering
Our Company Values & Operates on:
* A Commitment to Creating Value for our Clients and our Employees
* A Flat Management Structure that is Still Led by one of the Original Founders
* An Emphasis on Teamwork and Cooperation
* Employee Development and Career Growth
* Continuous Improvement
* An Entrepreneurial Culture that Rewards Finding, Developing, and Owning Business
What its really like to Work for Us:
You will work with a team of smart, talented people in a culture that is simultaneously driven, collegial, and supportive. We set high expectations for employees in the areas of project delivery excellence, building trusted client relationships, and continuous improvement. We insist on teamwork and collaboration.
FLSA Designation - This is an exempt position
FI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
FI Consulting participates in E-Verify