Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, Data analytics, and database operations/management? Join the Amazon's Business Data Technologies (BDT) Database Services team to build large-scale database services using Big Data analytics and AWS technologies.
You will enable our customers to use secured, cost-aware, and scalable database lifecycle management services without requiring every developer to become an expert in database operations/management, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. The best part of working with Amazon Database Services team is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new cloud operation/management experiences that power Amazon's diverse databases. Our customers are innovators and builders, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we will shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
We are looking for software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems with global impact. We need your help to build a system that will operate and manage 1000's of databases in AWS. You will make applications that leverage big data technology and machine learning to optimize database operations/management, improve user productivity, and secure databases. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into AWS emerging technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed system design, and performance.
* You will participate in building the most user-friendly Business Intelligence tool of the industry
* You will own the design of scalable, sustainable big-data processing systems
* You will propose, design and test innovative ways to handle data and computations
* You will leverage Amazon Web Services and other emerging technologies
* You will regularly interact with end-users to understand how your systems can serve them better
* You will partner with the business analysis team to dive deep on the metrics you are reporting on
* You will propose, design and test applications to ensure data quality and systems reliability
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.