SCCI is looking for a full stack developer to join our team to support the delivery of dynamic learning experiences, web applications, and mobile apps. As a Full-Stack Developer, you will be working in all aspects of product development, from ideation to deployment and beyond. In addition, you will work with our data team to make our products smarter and more intuitive to use, and you will need to work with the broader company to maintain and help optimize existing systems. This position will support a variety of projects and will be responsible for supporting existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind, who loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the company forward. This position is located in Austin, TX.
* Effectively correspond with internal team members and customer/external team members by following established communication/correspondence protocols.
* Consult with client or product owner to determine functional, visual and logical needs for new or existing products, and prepare information regarding software design patterns, specifications, scope, code structure, use cases, and deployment.
* Participate in development and planning meetings.
* Develop front-end and back-end website architecture.
* Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile applications.
* Work alongside graphic designers for web design features.
* Code, test, debug, and install modified and new programs.
* Prepare and review documentation for new software products including but not limited to software overview, class definitions, examples, and repository information.
* Maintain integrity of program logic and coding, and establish required checks and balances for operational controls.
* Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on current version of the software in use and coding standards.
* Develop and conduct various training and instruction activities for new product applications as needed.
* Act as a primary stakeholder in any phase of the development process.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or equivalent degree or equivalent experience.
* At least two (2) years of hands-on experience creating public, complex systems using multiple languages.
* Experienced in developing responsive, interactive websites/web applications.
* Proficiency with at least one (1) server side language such as Python, PHP and Java.
* Familiarity with at least one (1) Backend Framework such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Node.js, and Ruby on Rails.
* Experience working and collaborating in projects with multiple developers.
* Understanding of your own limits and how to work on a deadline.
* Feel at home working in a test-driven, agile team.
* Commitment to technical design, planning and documentation.
* Experience with process and workflow analysis and improvement (such as ISO 9000).
* Familiarity with working in repositories (like Subversion or GIT), bug tracking (like Mantis Bug Tracker or Redmine), and project management/online collaboration.
* Ability to work in a high volume production environment with tight project deadlines.
* High degree of professionalism, adherence to high quality standards, and attention to detail.
* Must be a U.S. citizen, and be able to pass a background investigation.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Five (5) years of hands-on experience creating public, complex systems using multiple languages.
* Familiarity with Adobe products, specifically Animate and PhoneGap.
* Familiarity with ActionScript 3.
* Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
* Experience with the CreateJS framework.
* Experience with Laravel or Node.js frameworks.
* Experience working with and demonstrated understanding of Section 508 compliance as it pertains to product/software design.
* SCORM and LMS integration experience.
* Developing and maintaining custom plugins and themes.
SCCI is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the needs of employees and their families. EOE of Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabilities.