Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage (MSPB) serves a diverse array of needs for the hedge fund business around the globe. The hedge fund business is growing rapidly and MSPB technology and products are leaders in the marketplace. The Prime Brokerage Technology team works very closely with the business to provide cutting-edge technology, expertise and products to the business. MSPB Technology is currently working on adapting reporting platform to other businesses. The work provides high visibility and opportunities to learn the business. To this end, we are in the process of recruiting a highly motivated and talented data-mart developer/analyst. Responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementing quick reporting solutions with on-going renovation reporting platform applications, validation of data, user & job support. We expect the candidate to have an interest in the financial business.
* Reverse engineering some of legacy applications
* Renovating existing reporting applications with new technology standards
* Designing and implementing reports generation platform.
* Implementing quick reporting solutions when need for information is immediate.
* Addressing ad-hoc requests by leveraging existing tools and infrastructure, or implementing.
* Investigate, resolve and provide feed-back on data-quality issues.
* Providing data feeds and data expertise to different users, including other information technology professionals and senior business users. This is a great opportunity for learn about a high growth, industry leading business, while fully utilizing your database and application development skills
2. Proficient in Relational Databases (Sybase, DB2) SQL and stored-procedures.
3. Analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
4. Team player; highly motivated; excellent communication skills.
Skills Desired * Experience in development of reporting systems.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.