Full Stack Developer
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: Simon & Schuster
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Simon & Schuster has an exciting role for a full stack developer to join a fast-paced, leading-edge team working to help advance it's publishing business. In this role, you will be working with a small team of data scientists and analysts to rapidly prototype data applications and analytics tools to serve our fast-growing imprint.
The full-time position will be responsible for building and maintaining the technical environment that our data science team will rely upon. Responsibilities will include standing up databases, building data pipelines, deploying machine learning models to production and building robust analytics applications that align with the business needs of our team.
* Design, build, test and deploy data products and applications.
* Collaborate with team to align architecture with business requirements
* Stand up, test and maintain databases and information architecture
* Build tools to automate data acquisition and aggregation
* Manage jobs and workers to support concurrent, multiprocessing of long-running computational tasks using Celery, Reddis or similar tools.
* Maintain codebase through continuous integration and testing using tools such as pytest, unittest or similar.
* Maintain and monitor application logs for security and usage trends
* Strong science or engineering background, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
* 3-5 years of software development experience
* Experience with data structures, cloud systems, front-end frameworks, and other tools.
* Experience using front-end frameworks such as Django, Node.js, React Native, or similar.
* Experience working in cloud platforms required; familiarity with Google Cloud Platform preferred.
* Worked with large-scale data sets, using databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB.
* Experience building large-scale applications with reusability
* Familiarity with build systems, Github/Gitlab, Confluence, JIRA
* Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical people.
* Ability to work independently and effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled