"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Full Stack Developer to provide on-site support in Herndon/Alexandria VA.
Duties will include:
* Full Stack Java Developer with 3-5 years of experience in developing J2EE applications. HTML, CSS, JS, worked on a SOA/ROA architecture using REST/JSON, Spring, J2EE
* BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certifications.
* Design and implement unit and functional testing
* Perform design and code reviews.
* Interface with Business Analysis and UI/UX teams
* Strong knowledge and project experience in Java Technologies like J2EE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Web Services (REST, Soap), XSLT, XML
* Experience with Database design including Stored Procedures, DML and DDL tasks.
* Working knowledge with Jenkins/Code Management/Configuration.
* Production Support & Issue resolution.
* Experience working with in an Agile development environment.
* Experience with JIRA.
* Experience with automated testing (e.g. experience using Selenium)
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
* Bachelor's degree
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.