Centuria Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Full Stack Developer to support the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program using Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architecture, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Enterprise Bus (ESB) software technologies.
Candidate may be tasked to lead small teams for software test, maintenance or development functions. Will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Will contribute to the development of new principles, concepts, standards, test procedures, etc. Will work on complex technical problems and provides solutions which are innovative and creative. Will participate with other staff in evaluating new techniques, developing solutions and guiding the direction of the software activities on the contract.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team, which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
* Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
Required Skills/Employment Eligibility:
* Must be US Citizen.
* 4+years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
* 4+ years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies. Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
* Programming skills Java/J2EE
* Proficiency in Windows, Unix and/or Linux
* Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Two or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
* Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
* Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
* Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
* Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
* Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science
* Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus
* Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus
Security: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Centuria Corporation is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. Due to security requirements on this program, must be US Citizen.