Alterra Mountain Company is a community of iconic year-round destinations, including the world's largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company's family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley and Solitude in Utah; Crystal Mountain in Washington; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination's unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Design, build, test, and maintain web applications and services within the Alterra Mountain Company ecosystem. This position is going to be primarily focused on the IkonPass.com eCommerce and My Account platforms and will be involved in the design, development, and evolution of the platform. Position requires a business-oriented individual that can contribute technically and fit in culturally to a fast paced, creative, energetic, technology proven team. We are open to hiring outside of Denver, as a remote employee.
* Work with Business and IT customers to design, build, test, and maintain applications for various Alterra Mountain Company business units, including resort point of sale functions, lodging and hospitality functions, central reservation and online marketing functions, and other various mountain operations.
* Work to improve change control processes, quality processes, code repository standards, and other development standard within Alterra Mountain Company's technology ecosystem.
* Interface with, manage, and work as an embedded resource with Alterra Mountain Company's various technology vendors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
3-4 years of hands on programming experience
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Preferred Development / Programming Knowledge and Skills
* Data: Postgres, Redis
* Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jest, CircleCI, BrowserStack
* Understanding of REST API Frameworks
* Understanding of API authentication techniques (OAuth2)
* Infrastructure - Basic knowledge of cloud platforms: Heroku, Azure
* Methodologies: agile development, continuous integration, test driven development, Git, PR review, pair programming
* Strong problem solving skills
* Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
* Understanding of IT security and network technologies and protocols.
* Familiarity with Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.0 Level AA Compliant)
* Familiarity with performance testing tools and optimizing for higher performance applications
* Experience working with a UX digital design team
Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
* Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
* Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
* Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
~ Alterra Mountain Company is an equal opportunity employer ~
Is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company adheres to the U.S. and Canadian labour and employment laws, and where applicable, to any State or Provincial-specific employment regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.