Our client is an innovative in-house startup that is on a mission to redefine life insurance, making it simple, convenient, and online.
For the right person this is a unique opportunity that brings the culture of a startup to the stability and backing of a large company.
We provide a unique opportunity that brings the culture of a startup to the stability and backing of a large company. We have a small and growing team of experienced marketing, technology and customer experience-focused professionals that values smarts, moving fast, and iterating quickly. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest technology stacks (node.js, MongoDB) in real production environments, in many cases with an established user base.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, to coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
* 3-5+ years experience as a developer.
* Experience with traditional object oriented languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python)
* A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications.
* Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
* Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
* Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others.
These skills are not required but are a plus:
* Testing strategy definition and framework creation
* Experience with event-driven Java programming (e.g Swing, GWT)
* Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
* Working in a startup or agile development environments
* Experience in multi-platform web-sites (desktop, mobile)
* Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
* BA/BS in computer science.
Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.