Discover Trend: Since 1988, Trend Micro has been an internet security pioneer tackling an expanding malware landscape. When you join Trend, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history, marked by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision that has assured our products are always on the cutting edge in a very competitive field.
Discover You: At Trend, we are always looking for top talent. We hire capability 1st, and you will work with the best. When you join us, you have direct access to any level, and freedom to make an impact and influence. We expect leadership, not management. With Trend Micro, you drive your own development. We encourage thought leadership and advocate internal opportunity. Trend is like nowhere else. We embrace all of our differences and are motivated by challenge. We're not just all about the money. You are recognized for your passion to succeed, and can be the best part of yourself here. Discover your next career opportunity with Trend Micro the leader in IT Security Software.
Duties & Responsibilities
Trend Micro's Forward Looking Threat Research team (FTR) is a global team of Senior Researchers tasked with scouting the likely future security risks by researching what:
* Cybercriminals are working on today (Underground and Deepweb, Targeted Attacks / APT and Malware research)
* How the users / victims are using emerging technologies (social networks, shared economy, wireless networks, etc)
* What technologies are available now and in the future (e.g. IOT, Augmented Reality, Mobile computing, Crypto-currencies)
The FTR Mobile Networks Researcher will be responsible for researching current and potential security weaknesses in the implementation of 5G and the corresponding use cases for IoT, M2M and critical infrastructure (smart cities, industrial automation, logistics, etc), and on Enhanced Mobile Broadband (augmented reality, real-time 4k, etc).
Some of FTR externally published work can be found at:
This role will best suit people with a strong technology background in mobile and wireless communications, a curiosity in various implementations and uses cases of such technologies, and a passion to make sure those technologies are implemented in a safe and secure manner.
This position requires the researcher to represent Trend Micro in external conferences, either as an attendee or as a speaker.
As the team is globally distributed you must be willing to travel regularly for global meetings and conferences.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Electronics Engineering, Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or related discipline; strong self-taught, proven skillset and extensive work experience can substitute in lieu of degree.
* Extensive working experience in Software Defined Radio, Network Virtualization and Wireless and Mobile Networks (UMTS, LTE, 5G/NR) required
* Working experience in any of the following: LimeSDR, PicoSDR, srsLTE, LTE Toolbox
* Background in programming and scripting languages
* Creative thinker and problem solver
* Hacker mentality: the ability to quickly identify security weaknesses in design, architecture, process and implementation will be a huge plus.
* Ability to work in a rapid development / dev-ops style
* Fast learner
* Able to work in a multi-cultural group
* Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
* Very good communication skills
* Must be fluent in English
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.