Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Every day, Agilent field service engineers help customers solve issues at labs where scientists are making discoveries that enhance the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide support that keep labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a field service engineer, you will work at a variety of labs, so having a solid understanding of Agilent's portfolio, and continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables, is key. Applying your creativity, complex problem-solving skills, and can-do attitude is essential. Compliance and reporting are also important responsibilities, such as documenting and ordering components using a variety of databases. Having a natural instinct to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is vital.
You will be responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites. Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems. Performs maintenance and repair services. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance. Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business. Delivers (does not design) fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software. Serves as an internal resource on technical issues. May train other field engineers or customers. May calibrate equipment on-site for large volume customers.
* Determines and develops approaches to assignments
* Leads field services and support projects requiring coordination with other functions, customers
* Solves a broad range of hardware and/ or software problems of varying scope and complexity
* Bachelors or Master Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or other life science field required; may consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience
* 4+ years relevant work experience including familiarity with chromatography and/or mass spec and/or other analytical instrumentation - specific experience needed with LC/LCMS required; LC-QQQ or QTOF highly preferred
* Ability to work through complex repairs, installations, and scheduled services (PM/OQ) in a customer facing capacity
* Ability to solve, high impact problems related to product availability; typically system/ solution focused
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
* Strong customer relationship skills are needed
* Must be available to travel overnight 50% of the time
* A valid driver's license is required for this role
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies provides application-focused solutions to the life sciences, diagnostics, and applied chemical markets.