About the role
As a frontend engineer working in product, you will be responsible for building highly polished web experiences for Strava's athletes. You'll work on Strava's frontend website using React to create and iterate on a variety of product experiences. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to Strava's frontend architecture by working on our React component library and helping us move our frontend architecture forward.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
* Build and own UX experiences that ensure an excellent athlete experience on our website.
* Use your knowledge of web technologies to contribute to our frontend best practices.
* Collaborate with product and design to solve impactful business and usability problems.
* Care deeply about the athlete experience including quality and performance.
You will be successful here by:
* Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
* Taking ownership of your work, partnering with cross-functional peers to ensure services are properly scoped and implemented.
* Be willing to explore and learn new technologies outside of your comfort zone.
We're excited about you because you have experience:
* Working with React or another frontend web framework (Angular, Vue, Ember, etc).
* Delivering top-notch designs with modern CSS including using flexbox for layouts.
* Building thoughtful web experiences while contribute to frontend best practices and architecture.
* Creating high-performance UX by using performance monitoring tools to find and improve performance issues.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava's core technologies and your role in developing it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
* The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
* Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava's datasets.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is a company that operates an online network that connects the global community of athletes.