At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We're the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
As a Front End UI Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of building and launching products that impact every customer. You will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the road map and our plan for the future. You will own and evolve the frontend technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what's best for the long-term health of our applications and our customer. You will develop high-volume applications that power the StubHub marketplace. Your day will involve leading high performing teams to build an engaging selling experience for millions of customers daily, generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
* Be part of a full stack engineering team working on StubHub.com and other properties
* Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant UI interfaces
* Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performance and reliable applications that operate 24x7
* Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
* Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making
* Mentor exceptional talent at IC level
* Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
* 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in front end UI development
* Experience and in building products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
* Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)
* Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
* Computer Science Degree
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.