Location: San Mateo
At Owler, you will have the opportunity to build products that millions of business professionals, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, use every day. As a Front End Engineer, you'll be a critical part of a small and dedicated team, with the opportunity to make a huge impact on Owler's web UI, email UI, and mobile interfaces.
Owler has built the most comprehensive and accurate community-powered dataset available on over 12 million public and private businesses. Since 2015, our MAU base has grown from 5,000 to ~3M. Owler Pro helps professionals discover new opportunities with powerful prospecting tools, and track the companies that matter to them with a concise daily news snapshot and real-time alerts. We are funded and backed by top Silicon Valley VCs, including Norwest Venture Partners and Trinity Ventures.
What will I be doing?As a member of the engineering team you will:
* Build products that show off Owler's data to the world in new and innovative ways.
* Projects will focus on web UI development, server tier API development (node.js).
* Collaborate with designers to bring mockups to life, but also contribute to the design process itself.
* Work with the product team to ensure that product decisions are technically sound.
* Uphold a culture of technical excellence around the team by fostering effective and enduring norms and values.
What skills/experience do I need?
* 1 year of experience building websites, including dynamic UI's, resilient UI's, fast UI's
* Able to build and maintain reusable components, manage API's.
* Commitment to ensure compatibility across platforms and versions.
* Track record of being a strong collaborator and communicator.
* Some experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, a plus.
* Passion for building beautiful, easy to use interfaces, with a philosophy that "speed is a feature
* Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Stock Options / Equity
* Unlimited Vacation Time / Flex time
* Company-sponsored meals, snacks, etc.
* Strong bi-directional learning culture. You'll learn from us, and we will learn from you
* Office Dogs! We like dogs. Do you?
Owler is a community-based business insights platform.