At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 700 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Do you want to build the systems that power Uber's next big business? Are you passionate about working with a fast-paced team at the cutting edge of innovation? Would you like to design, develop, and ship code that solves complex, large-scale problems?
Our team touches everyday experiences of both individuals and cities by enabling new modes of transportation such as eBikes, eScooters, etc.with a push of a button to reach destinations in fast, fun and safe manner, in addition to reducing congestion and pollution along the way. At the very core of our work, we deal with the availability of reliable Light Electric Vehicles (LEV) at the right place and time at affordable prices.
New Mobility Fleet & Optimization team, under Uber's New Mobility group, is looking for talented and passionate engineers to build systems that change the face of transportation as we know it (again).
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Need:
* Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving by working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers. Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
* Perseverance to get things done with a focus on shipping products. Roadblocks don't get in your way - they get you excited for the challenge.
* Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented code. Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
* Drive to always learn new things and go above and beyond the defined scope.
Bonus Points If You:
* Have experience with web technologies like GraphQL, Flow, or TypeScript
* Worked on supporting applications that scale, from the front-end to the back-end
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.