The Information Technology Department (ITEC) has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) Divisions with the IT resources necessary for them to operate under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of diverse and talented professionals who translate ideas into action every day by combining the strength of its expertise in IT with a deep understanding of the investment banking business and regulations. ITEC has a threefold responsibility as follows: (1) Deliver innovative IT Solutions that enable GBIS to achieve its business objectives. (2) Maintain a highly resilient, flexible, cost effective and well controlled production service for our business applications, systems and infrastructure. (3) Facilitate entry into new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes and add operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment. ITEC achieves this while promoting a collaborative, innovative, and fun environment for its IT professionals.
Our mission: develop new tools that suit their needs and bring reactivity to face any production issues on existing tools. Additionally, we transform legacy systems to server-based applications, with strong, sustainable and easy-to-maintain architecture.
* Exposing and consuming API's such as RESTFul APIs (C# and/or Java).
* Service oriented application architecture knowledge.
* Knowledge on Databases (MSSQL)
* Using standard tools for source version control systems (Git), unit testing, continuous integration.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate from Engineering school, Business School or University with a master degree in in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline
You are fluent in English.
* Experience in Python or in object-oriented programming, C# and/or Java
* Experience in SQL, MSSQL is a plus
* Experience in version control systems, preferably git
* Knowledge in web programming, preferably Angular/REST APIs, is a plus
* Knowledge in unit testing, agile development and continuous delivery, is a plus
* Knowledge in data science/data analysis, is a plus
* Knowledge of financial products, is a plus
* Autonomy and Rigor
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Team player
* Ideally you are fluent in English
This VIE opportunity is in New York City within FO Lab team, a Front to Back IT Team, working on the Trading floor. It is a proximity development team that works hand in hand with equity derivative trading desks and operational teams.
All our open positions are open to people with disabilities.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale attracts deposits and offers commercial, retail, investment, and private banking services.